Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Rest of Sunday

Well Sandy's afternoon and evening wasn't all that great. She was pretty good physically, but she was really down emotionally. She has her times when she gets down, and I certainly can't deny her that. I can't even imagine what it must be like to face death and not know for sure that what you're doing, or that there's anything you can do that will postpone it. She feels very confident that this new regimen is the right thing to do, but without the scans to substantiate it I'm sure it's a scary venture.

Sandy's closest friend Molly Cooley, who is also a cancer survivor, came by this evening to visit with Sandy, and that always lifts her spirits so much. Sandy was so much happier while visiting with Molly. Thanks for coming over, Molly. You're a saint! And thanks for the wonderful casserole!! It was a big hit.

Please continue to pray for Sandy's miracle, but also for emotional strength to help her continue with confidence. Thanks to everyone for all of the love, support, and prayers!

Thank you, Margaret and Ryan for being here and helping me so much this weekend...and in the days to come. I can't tell you what it means to me!

2 comments:

  1. awww...I hate that!! that is when I feel so terrible for not being there!! It is so hard to see someone you love more than anything hurting...physically or emotionally...and when that is happening I just wish I was there! remind her that I am thinking of her ALL the time and I love her SOOOO very much!! and I love you too daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Sandy!!! Everything Dr. Bernardo said would happen onthe road to recovery has happened so far, so I have no doubt that the cancer is in the process of shrinking and dying as we speak! Keep doing what you're doing and the scans will prove it. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete