Friday, October 16, 2009

One Week In

Sandy is on Day 7 of the new regimen and as far as I can tell she is responding well to it. She is having sporadic nausea, but Dr. Bernardo said she could expect that. That should gradually subside. She's still having moderate pain that she has to take Oxycodone or Ibruprofen for. Today she had a rough morning with nausea and emotions, but her afternoon was much better and she went out for her afternoon walk. She didn't walk quite as far today as yesterday, but only by about 50 feet or so. Then she graciously ate the meal that I attempted to cook for supper.

Sean and Jessica left early this morning, headed back to their respective homes and families. Sean passed up the opportunity to fly back home in a day so that he could drive for 21 hours with his sister! Isn't that sweet? Jessica insisted that she could make the trip by herself, but everyone, (especially her daddy), felt much better having someone with her. I'm so glad that they were able to stay for a couple of weeks. They were so much help and it was so nice getting to spend time with them.

Speaking of thanks...I'd like to thank some more of the wonderful people that have been so supportive the past few weeks. The following is a list of everyone that has brought food to the house to help feed us...

Misty Yates, Peggy Thompson, Debbie Riley and Billie Elliott, Debbie and Don Riley, Brian and Tonya Marlowe, Molly Cooley, Don and Debbie Curry, Phyllis Hudson, Zane Gonzales, Sabrina Valarde, Erra Bachmann, Pilar Natividad, Chris and Charlie Jones, and Sandy's uncle Jack Williams who brought food on at least seven occassions!! All of the food was great and greatly appreciated! It sure makes these stressful times easier when you don't have to try to figure out what you're going to feed everyone. (If I missed anyone who brought food, please forgive me!!)

In closing I would like to offer a word of caution to all the readers...If you are going to make a baked potato in the microwave, always wet the paper towel before wrapping it around the potato and starting the microwave. Otherwise you will have a fire in your microwave after about four minutes!! I'm just saying...


  1. Lol, where's your gourmet chef when you need him? Glad to here things are still going well. Give Sandy a big hug for me and tell her I love her.

  2. What!?! Dad we've only been gone for 16 hours!!! For future reference the steak gets flame broiled the potato doesn't. Haha! Love ya.

  3. To set the record straight, I have repeatedly stated that I am "kitchen-challenged". Unlike a certain someone I know who has been trying to hide his culinary talents from his spouse. I'm not naming any know who you are! LOL