Thursday, October 29, 2009

No Words...

I sat down at the computer last night to write an update and the words just failed me. But I know that there are so many people that are following Sandy's journey and I don't want to leave anyone in the dark. Sandy had a good day yesterday. She did have a few coughing spells, but we are giving her meds as she requires them and keeping her as comfortable as possible. If I had to sum it up in a word, I'd say that she is peaceful. That reassures me that she's at peace with her decision and ready for whatever may come, and that comforts me too. As much as I love her and need her, her happiness is paramount.

Thank you again and again to Ryan who is ever by his mom's side making sure her needs and wants are met. Thanks to Cheryl and Paris for coming over yesterday afternoon and giving Ryan a little "alone time" to get away. Thank you to Steve, Monica, Stephen and Teagan for bringing supper last night. It was wonderful and will be providing us some lunches for a few days to come! Thanks to Randall and Rene McDonald from Calvary Assembly of God for coming over and talking and praying with us last night. That meant so much to Sandy. Thanks to Phyliss and Clifford for coming by to visit with Sandy too. And, as always, thank you to Gina for spending the night with Sandy and taking care of her through the night. She truly is a saint!

No comments:

Post a Comment